QUT | eLearning Services | Open Web Lecture (OWL)
Queensland University of Technology (QUT) is currently piloting the new web-based application Open Web Lecture (OWL), a student response system that enables academic staff to encourage student engagement on a needs basis.
Features of the OWL application include:
- virtual learning in physical spaces
- collaborative technology which enables participants to connect via a wireless network using a laptop or mobile device
- encourage student conversation and input in teaching spaces
- enable student group work and interactive activities
- collect and poll student responses
- promote a sense of community.
Testing of OWL has indicated the potential for use in other QUT environments such as seminars, workshops and conferences.”